Physiotherapy – physiotherapy is also known as physical therapy,it involves diagnosing and treatment of diseases, disorders, and disabilities of muscles and joints by means of physical means.
Conditions where physicaltherapy can be helpful :-
- Physical mobility impairment
- Post surgery or trauma
- Rheumatologic conditions
- Congenital orthopaedic conditions
- Peripheral nervous system trauma and disease
- Weight management
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Teach breathing techniques
- Chronic pains in Brampton
Role of physiotherapist :-
- Restoring range of movements, and stiffness of joints in cases of accidents and trauma due to injuries.
- Increase mobility of joints, improve balance and enhance cardiopulmonary functions.
- Uses various techniques for maintaining property of muscles and joints
- Posture and gait training and corrections.
- Helps individual to be independent on his or her self for their daily activities.
Ways or Methods of physiotherapy in Brampton which helps to relieve pain :-
- Exercise therapy
Exercise therapy: – It includes treatment of patient by means of physical exercises only.
- Active and passive exercises – it includes shoulder wheel exercise for shoulder joints, finger ladder exercise etc
- Joint mobilisation techniques
- Suspension therapy
- Posture correction training
- Muscle energy training
- Relaxing technique
- PNF (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation).
- Breathing disorders.
- Posture and gait maintenance training .
- Short diathermy – It is used for the treatment of deep muscles and joints which is covered with heavy soft tissue mass. It uses frequency of 27.12 MHz
- Microwave diathermy- Microwave diathermy is also used for the treatment of deep joint’s and muscle which are covered with heavy soft tissue mass but it uses frequency of 2.450Mc range .
- Ultrasound – ultrasound is used to heal soft tissue and ligament injuries ,scar mobilisation and edema reduction by using a frequency range of 1-3 MHz .
- IFT inferential current therapy– This therapy is used to treat issues of pain, spasm and inflammation by mean of interferential current therapy. In this technique four electrodes are placed over human body in such a way that two currents produced cross each other in pain sensitive area but when thes current meet they actually interfere with each other and relieve pain.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)– This is basically used for treatment of lower back pain ,myofacial pain , arthritic pain, visceral pain by means of nerve stimulation.
- Infrared rays – It is helpful in relieving pain by means of heat therapy. It helps in perspiration and stimulates collagen production in the body and helps to remove toxins mostly used by massage therapist in Brampton.
- LASER – it is known as light amplification from stimulated emission of radiation. It helps in healing of wounds, burns, fractures, faster and helps in making joints stronger.
- Russian current therapy – It is a form of electrical stimulation to contract muscle tissues after injuries or surgeries to regain its strength.