It is a condition in which one or more joints have inflammation, stiffness and pain .It may be due to heredity or various other reasons .The pain associated with joints is known as arthralgia. New Hope arthritis clinic centre Brampton is dealing with it
- Mono – When only single joint is involved with pain and inflammation from a longer duration of time it is known as mono.
- Oligo- when two or three joints are involved it is known as oligo arthritis.
- Poly- when four or multiple joints are involved it is known as polyarthritis.
Types of arthritis –
- Rheumatoid arthritis – It occurs due to over active immune system of human body.
- Osteoarthritis – This type of arthritis occurs due to wear and tear of cartilage in human body or due to external reasons.
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis – This type of arthritis is also known as juvenile rheumatoid is often seen in children.
Signs and symptoms:-
- Joint pain
- Joint redness ,stiffness
- Swelling and reduced mobility
- Joint tenderness ,fever
- Loss of joint function in severe cases
- Joint deformity
Why do we need physiotherapy :-
- It helps to maintain a normal joint movement and to increase range of motion.
- It helps to increase flexibility and strength of muscles around joints
- It helps in maintaining weight of body to reduce pressure on joints.
- Tries to keep the bony and cartilage tissues healthy and strong.
- Helps in preventing joint deformity.
So we can say that physiotherapy in Brampton helps us to keep our joints happy and healthy as well.